Site Health and Safety Advisor
- Great location in Havelock North
- Career progression opportunities available
- Competitive rates and paid training
At Ryman everything we do has to be “good enough for mum and dad”. We develop, design, build and operate retirement villages across New Zealand and Victoria, Australia. Our new Havelock North construction project involves a range of building opportunities from residential townhouses and apartment blocks through to commercial hospital facilities
We are looking for a motivated leader who enjoys driving others towards our goals of constructing great retirement villages with a team culture that ensures everyone goes home safely.
Based in Havelock North the role offers good climate and life-style options.
What will you do?
You’re one of the most important people on site, working with our site leaders you set the tone for safety and ensure we deliver on our commitment to doing it safely or not at all.
Key responsibilities include:
- Fostering a positive safety culture through education and collaboration
- Monitoring and improving subcontractor safety standards to match our high safety standards
- Completing risk assessments and supporting site leaders to manage and mitigate risk
- Providing comprehensive induction processes for new staff and contractors
What’s in it for you?
When people join Ryman they find a team who work hard for their residents and each other, and care about the work that they do. We offer our staff the opportunity to develop and utilise their skills in an environment that focuses on results, through good people making good decisions.
Working at Ryman has great benefits. As part of the team you will:
- Get access to discounts with more than 60 well-known brands across a variety of sectors including; health and wellbeing, banking, insurance, retail and more
- Have the opportunity to apply for assistance with further education
- Access an employee share scheme
- Have an annual pay review
Who are you?
- You communicate effectively and can influence, persuade and guide others
- Working in high risk environments you have developed a proactive approach to risk management
- Your background in health and safety has shown you that a positive attitude to safety is more effective one of enforcement
- You are flexible and adaptable and adjust your style to work effectively with different people
- As a team player you enjoy collaborating and like to see others succeed
If you are looking to be part of a leadership team that focuses on high performance and constant improvement we would love to hear from you!
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Hawke's Bay
- Ryman Healthcare Construction - NZ
- Health & Safety