- Work for the developer, designer, builder and operator
- Build long lasting relationships with subcontractors
- Work on construction projects that make a difference
Listed in the NZX Top 10, we are one of the most successful and fastest growing companies in NZ. Our resort-style retirement villages are across NZ and Victoria, Australia and we are proud to provide the very best in retirement living. From a construction perspective we are unique, at Ryman you work for the developer, designer, builder and operator.
In 2018 we were NZs largest residential builder. In addition to creating new villages, we are also committed to regularly refurbishing our existing facilities - this role has been created to support that process.
What will you do?
- Provide progress and budget reports on a monthly and ADHOC basis for refurbishment projects across our operational villages around NZ
- Investigate, collate and interpret historical costs from previous projects to create concept and construction budgets for future work
- Produce sub-contractor tender documentation, analyse tenders, negotiate contracts and make recommendations considering safety, quality, time and cost factors
- Monitor, confirm or decline, and reconcile sub-contractor claims, variations and final accounts ensuring prompt payment at all times
- Build strong, long lasting relationships with subcontractors based on trust and mutual respect
What is in it for you?
As we are the client and contractor rather than battling over variations you will be spending your time supporting our team to deliver the best possible home for our residents. Your expert advice will be highly valued, and you will be encouraged to make recommendations on improvement.
Our team work hard, know how to have fun and are truly passionate about what they do and the positive impact they make. You will be paid well for your work, will have access to an employee share scheme and – as we continue to grow – will have the opportunity to advance your career.
In addition, through our Ryman Team Benefits programme, you will receive discounts with over 40 market leading brands in a variety of sectors.
Who are you?
- Enthusiastic, driven and proactive you enjoy solving problems and achieving results
- You are flexible and adaptable and adjust your style to work effectively with different people
- You have proven experience as a quantity surveyor at a contracting organisation
- Experience of fit out or refurbishment projects and a trade background would be an advantage
- Understanding construction drawings and producing schedules of materials is second nature to you as is the ability to run a robust tender process
- As a team player you enjoy collaborating and like to see others succeed
If you are excited by the opportunity to develop your skills whilst also delivering work that is rewarding and meaningful, we would love to hear from you.
Apply by clicking the link below.
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Ryman Healthcare - Christchurch