Site Health and Safety Advisor
- Devonport location
- Career progression opportunities across health and safety and construction
- Competitive rates and paid training
We develop, design, build and operate retirement villages across New Zealand and Victoria, Australia. We are proud to provide the very best in retirement living and everyday our people focus on delivering a product and service that is “good enough for mum”. We have an unwavering commitment to safety, a culture of kindness and are dedicated to developing our people.
In 2018 we were NZs largest residential builder and we are growing our health and safety team to ensure that as our build programme grows we continue to meet and exceed our exceptional safety standards. We do it safely or not at all.
What will you do?
Based at our new site in Devonport your role is to;
- Drive a positive safety culture
- Actively promote a safe environment for all workers
- Review subcontractor safety plans and suggest improvements
- Work with the site leadership team to identify risk and implement plans to address that risk
- Carry out site inductions that encourage a positive attitude to safety
What’s in it for you?
Our team work hard, know how to have fun and are truly passionate about what they do and the positive impact they have. You will be paid well for your work and – as we continue to grow – will have the opportunity to advance your career.
- Discounts with over 60 market leading brands in a variety of sectors
- Access to an employee share scheme
- Opportunity to apply for assistance with further education
- Long service leave
- Discounted health insurance
Who are you?
- You communicate effectively and can influence, persuade and guide others
- Working in high risk environments you have developed a proactive approach to risk management
- Your background in health and safety has shown you that a positive attitude to safety is more effective one of enforcement
- You are flexible and adaptable and adjust your style to work effectively with different people
- As a team player you enjoy collaborating and like to see others succeed
If career development, dedication to a safe working environment and a culture of fairness and high performance is important to you we would love to hear from you!
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Ryman Healthcare Construction - NZ
- Health & Safety