Health and Safety Manager
- Access our comprehensive leadership development programme
- Join an organisation committed to investing in developing our people
- Support our commitment to “Home safe. Everyone. Everyday.”
At Ryman we do it safely or not at all. Everything we do has to be “good enough for mum” (and dad) and this commitment to building the very best home for our residents is something we truly believe in and it drives us every day.
We develop, design, build and operate retirement villages across Victoria, Australia and NZ.
Ryman hold a strong commitment towards our people and central to that is ensuring everyone is home safe, everyday. When people join Ryman they find a team who work hard for their residents and each other, and care about the work that they do. They also recognise that kindness, passion and a dedication to developing our people, are fundamental to the way we work.
What will you do?
As our Australian health and safety subject matter expert, you will report to our Construction Health & Safety Manager and support our commitment to a positive safety culture. You will work with our management team to ensure our construction sites are a safe environment for all employees, residents, sub-contractors and suppliers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring our H&S practices and policies comply with law in Victoria
- Introducing initiatives aimed at reducing risk and preventing incidents
- Providing support and advice to construction management, particularly on risk assessment
- Developing, monitoring and managing H&S performance measures that encourage accurate reporting
What’s in it for you?
Our work at Ryman is varied – no day is the same. Our team work hard, know how to have fun and are truly passionate about what they do and the positive impact they have. You will be paid well for your work, will have access to an employee share scheme and – as we continue to grow – will have the opportunity to advance your career.
Who are you?
- A team player – you value contributing to the success of those around you more than your personal achievements
- As a health and safety subject matter expert your knowledge and experience are matched by your passion to drive a positive safety culture
- You understand people and enjoy working with them to develop ideas that will further improve our safety standards
- You are flexible and adaptable and adjust your style to work effectively with different people
If you are interested in joining an organisation with a clear purpose and a commitment to doing it safely or not at all we would love to hear from you. Apply now!
- Work Type:
- Ryman Healthcare Construction - AUS
- Health & Safety