Health Check Officer
- Use your professional skills to make a real difference in your community
- Join a growing company with huge expansion plans
- Join an organisation committed to investing in developing our people.
About Ryman Healthcare
When people join Ryman, they find a team who work hard, and care about the work that they do. They also recognise that kindness, passion and a dedication to developing our people, are fundamental to the way we work.
What drives us is a simple, but a powerful aim: to make sure everything we do is “good enough for mum” (and dad). This extends to supporting our community in this exciting new role.
About the Role
We have a unique opportunity for a Health Professional to join our Ryman team. In this exciting role you will be a member of the Stroke Foundation Blood Pressure Van visiting many locations around Victoria, enabling our community to take a potentially life-saving blood pressure check – for free.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Driving the van to various locations, shopping centres, corporations, sporting events and community events throughout Victoria
- Administer non-invasive health tests (blood pressure) to members of our community
- Refer people to a GP if readings indicate risk
- Spread the message of the importance of health and wellbeing to our community
This role is a guaranteed 24 hours per week, with days and hours of work having some flexibility dependent upon events scheduled. Excluding events, it is envisaged your normal working days and hours will be 6-hour per day Tues/Thurs/Sat and one other day. This role does include weekend and some evening work, which will be dictated by events.
- You will be an experienced Health Professional with a current qualification as a Paramedic, Registered Nurse, Medical Practitioner or Allied Health Practitioner
- Be confident driving a van and have a Full, Clean, Australian Driver’s License
- Be personable, approachable and passionate about bettering the health of our community
- You will have a flexible, ‘can-do’ attitude with excellent communication skills
If this sounds like you, simply apply online now.
- Work Type:
- Part Time
- Ryman Healthcare - Melbourne