Senior QA Engineer
- Responsible for ensuring we get the maximum benefits from test automation
- Be part of an agile team
- Join an organisation committed to investing in developing our people
At Ryman everything we do has to be “good enough for mum” (and dad). This commitment to providing the very best retirement living and care is something we truly believe in and it drives us every day.
Ryman hold a strong commitment towards our people. We offer a fun, vibrant and supportive workplace including free fruit, free yoga, discounted gym onsite, furry Fridays (bring your pet to work), social club events and so much more!
What will you do?
At Ryman Healthcare, we are embarking on the next phase of the development of our award winning myRyman residential-care application. We are looking for a Senior QA Engineer who is passionate about quality outcomes, to join our like-minded team in Christchurch.
In this permanent position you will work as part of an agile team and be responsible for all aspects of the testing process, from feature conception to production release.
You'll be testing an integrated tablet solution that is undergoing rapid changes both in terms of its features and underlying technology platform.
This is a hands-on role that will engage you in a broad spectrum of testing related activities.
In general, you will:
- Apply all your skills and experience to find the defects before we release into production
- Think outside-of-the-box to come up with techniques for optimising our quality processes
- Work closely within the agile team to ensure we take full advantage of test-driven development (TDD) and behaviour-driven development (BDD) practices
- Strive to automate as much of the testing activities as practical
- Work with the Product Owner to write and review meaningful and relevant acceptance criteria
- Produce and maintain test plans and test cases
- Mentor team members and be an evangelist for ingraining quality into our applications
- Raise and manage defects as part of the release cycle
What’s in it for you?
By joining Ryman Healthcare, you are joining one of New Zealand’s most successful companies. The systems and solutions we develop help improve people’s lives.
With Ryman you will:
- Be part of a fun, hard-working and supportive team environment
- Receive ongoing support for your professional development
- Get access to discounts with more than 60 well-known brands across a variety of sectors including; health and wellbeing, banking, insurance, retail and more
We are always looking to provide IT solutions that contribute to the wellbeing of our residents. As a member of the team you can expect to be an integral part of this process.
Who are you?
To fill this role, you will have over 5 years’ experience as a quality assurance engineer in a commercial development environment with previous exposure to testing tablet-based solutions.
Ideally, you will have the following technical skills and abilities:
- Previous experience working within an agile team as a senior test analyst
- Skilled in the testing of tablet applications using both automated and manual techniques
- Have a proven ability to engage in testing activities beyond purely functional, for example load/stress testing and integration testing
- Possess development skills such that you are capable of designing and building automated tests around APIs, low-level system components and external services
- Capable of authoring first-class test plans, test cases and acceptance criteria
- Offer excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Be highly conversant in release management and software configuration management practices
If you are interested in joining an organisation with a clear purpose and a commitment to kindness we would love to hear from you. Apply now!
Joining the Ryman team could be your best career move yet…
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Ryman Healthcare - Christchurch
- Information Technology