Senior .NET Developer
At Ryman everything we do has to be “good enough for mum” (and dad). This commitment to providing the very best retirement living and care is something we truly believe in and it drives us every day.
Ryman hold a strong commitment towards our people. We offer a fun, vibrant and supportive workplace including free fruit, free yoga, discounted gym onsite, furry Fridays (bring your pet to work), social club events and so much more!
What will you do?
At Ryman Healthcare, we are embarking on the next phase of the development of our award winning myRyman residential care application. We are looking for Senior .NET developers who are passionate about software development to join our like-minded teams in Christchurch.
In this permanent position you will work as part of an agile team and be responsible for designing, implementing and testing features that make our applications world class within the industry.
You'll be working on an integrated tablet solution that is undergoing rapid changes both in terms of its features and underlying technology platform.
In general, you will:
- Practice agile methodologies as part of the team
- Work closely with the Product Owner to identify and understand the feature requirements
- Design and implement new features for myRyman applications
- Propose and investigate new technologies and alternative solutions
- Communicate and document your designs and ideas
- Provide guidance and support for other team members
- Engage in all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Encourage teamwork and collaboration
What’s in it for you?
By joining Ryman Healthcare, you are joining one of New Zealand’s most successful companies. The systems and solutions we develop help improve people’s lives.
With Ryman you will:
- Be part of a fun, hard-working and supportive team environment
- Receive ongoing support for your professional development
- Get access to discounts with more than 60 well-known brands across a variety of sectors including; health and wellbeing, banking, insurance, retail and more
We are always looking to provide IT solutions that contribute to the wellbeing of our residents. As a member of the team you can expect to be an integral part of this process.
Who are you?
To fill this role, you will have over 5 years' experience in commercial C# .NET projects and will have a broad range of experience. You will need to be capable of providing leadership and guidance in all matters related to the continued evolution of the solution.
Ideally, you will have the following technical skills and abilities:
- Proven expertise with C# and the .NET platform
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Knowledgeable in the techniques of test-driven development (TDD) and behaviour driven development (BDD)
- Experience in API development using both REST and SOAP
- SQL design and query skills
- Knowledge of DevOps and automated build pipelines
- Familiarity with cloud platforms, specifically Azure and Google cloud
If you are interested in joining an organisation with a clear purpose and a commitment to kindness we would love to hear from you. Apply now!
Joining the Ryman team could be your best career move yet…
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Ryman Healthcare - Christchurch
- Information Technology