- Join a team with a clear purpose and inspiring vision
- Mentor, motivate and inspire apprentice carpenters
- Support out commitment to developing our people
At Ryman Healthcare we develop, design and build our own retirement villages. Our beautiful villages are built to provide the best retirement living and care to our residents.
What drives us is a simple, but powerful, aim: to make sure everything we do is “good enough for mum” (and dad).
When people join Ryman they find a team who work hard for their residents and each other, and care about the work that they do. They also recognise that kindness, passion and a dedication to developing our people, are fundamental to the way we work.
Our commitment to growing our own has resulted in the creation of a new role – Construction Trainer. This position involves extensive travel – you are likely to be working on site three to four days a week and our sites are located across the North Island.
What will you do?
Working closely with our site-based construction management teams, you’ll play a key role in training our staff – particularly our carpentry apprentices – making sure they have all the skills they need to build our high-quality resort-style villages.
A big part of your role will be to share your carpentry and construction skills with the next generation of builders. You will support our growing group of apprentices to complete their qualifications and act as a liaison between Ryman and their industry-training assessors.
What’s in it for you?
Working at Ryman has benefits. As part of the team you will:
- Work in a fun, hard-working and supportive team environment
- Get extensive opportunity to add to your skills
- Receive ongoing support for your professional development
- Access to over 60 discounts with well-known brands across a variety of sectors including; health and wellbeing, banking, insurance, retail and more
- Have a full orientation and induction
Who are you?
- You’re a qualified carpenter/builder who has completed an apprenticeship and/or carpentry qualification in New Zealand
- You have a desire to pass on your knowledge and skills to others and you’re passionate about seeing people succeed and grow
- As an organised and efficient person, you know how to manage a busy workload
- You understand how to adjust your style to suit your audience and can play the role of teacher, coach or mentor as needed
If you are interested in using your building experience to help other people grow and want to join an organisation with a clear purpose, that is committed to safety, kindness and developing our people, we would love to hear from you.
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Ryman Healthcare Construction - NZ