Ryman Healthcare’s Ernest Rutherford Retirement Village is seeking an enthusiastic Kitchen/ Cook’s Assistant to join our friendly kitchen team. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow your skills in the kitchen by assisting our Cook to prepare meals, assisting with the service and delivery of food to our appreciative residents, along with cleaning up and doing dishes. The ideal candidate will have a passion for cooking and preparing home style kiwi fare meals.
We have 2 part time positions available working the following shifts:
- Sunday to Tuesday: 1100-1830
- Wednesday to Saturday: 1100-1830
Please indicate in your application which shifts you are applying for.
Key skills required:
- Kitchen experience assisting in food preparation preferred
- Drive and ability to step in to Cooks role where required
- Professional, reliable and hardworking
- Positive and friendly attitude
- Empathy with elderly residents and their families
- Modern, purpose built commercial kitchen
- Well oriented staff
- 24 hour management support
- Ongoing training provided
- Experience recognised with competitive rates
To learn about what goes on in a Ryman Kitchen and Ryman Delicious, please watch the video below.
This could be your opportunity to join one of NZ’s most successful and fastest growing companies!
If this sounds like you, simply apply online now.
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Ernest Rutherford Retirement Village
- Catering, Kitchen & Food Service