- Creative, varied and rewarding weekend work
- Ongoing opportunities for training and development
- Fun, friendly and supportive team environment
Ryman Healthcare’s Julia Wallace Retirement Village is seeking a creative and enthusiastic Activities Assistant to run a programme of activities for our appreciative residents.
In this role you will be organising and running a programme of events for our residents to enhance their emotional, social and physical wellbeing. We have a weekend position available working Saturday and Sunday 1000 – 1600 in our Hospital.
Key skills required:
- Aged care experience preferred
- Experience running a programme of events preferred
- Diversional Therapist qualification advantageous
- Empathy and patience with elderly
- Enthusiastic and creative - ability to think outside the square!
- Outstanding communication skills
- Current, clean NZ Drivers licence
- Creative, varied and rewarding weekend role
- Experience recognised with competitive rates
- Full orientation provided
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Ongoing training and development
- Well resourced facility
Take a look at what goes on at a Ryman Healthcare Retirement Village in the video below h
If this sounds like you, simply apply online now.
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Manawatu - Wanganui
- Julia Wallace Retirement Village
- Recreation & Leisure